Study Tricks for Your Little Scholars
Test on Friday? Exams around the corner? This can cause anyone to go into panic mode. How does your child study? Does your child think re-reading notes is all they have to do to study? Are they utilizing the methods that work best for his learning style? Are you worried you have no idea how to help your child to study? Here are tried and true methods to help your child study:
* make flashcards
* quiz your child aloud
* play a fun game like shot the hoop (each time your child gets a question right they get to shot the basketball)
* highlight their notes
* summarize their notes (writing is a great way to review material!)
* outline the materials that will be on the test
* read their study guide aloud onto a voice memo and replay or to their dog!
* stay organize (throw away the things they do not need)
* make a graphic version of written work such as lists, columns, Venn diagrams, etc.
*make the content meaningful to them by creating a funny story, generate a rhyme or find a pattern to link information to their memory
*BRAIN BREAKS-let your child take breaks while studying
If your child continues to struggle with study skill, give Little Scholars a call. We have tutors to help in all academic areas including study skills.