Coronavirus/COVID-19 Precautions for Backyard Camps
Little Scholars is committed to providing a safe environment for our students. We will adhere to policies and procedures in accordance with the CDC guidelines for schools and camps.
Parents and Campers:
- Parents will be required to send full water bottles labeled with their child’s name daily.
- Parents will be required to send a beach towel labeled with their child’s name daily to promote safe social distancing.
- Parents may be required (depending on the camp) to send in miscellaneous materials (markers, scissors, and glue) for their child to insure that supplies are not shared among the students.
- Parents will be required to provide food for any of the cooking classes that will be used by only their child during camp.
- Parents will be required to bring Legos for Creative Builders, Brick Bonanza and/or Builders camps that will be used by only their child during camp.
- Because we are outside, teachers and students are not required to cover their faces with a cloth face covering. If the backyard host prefers our teacher to wear a mask, Little Scholars will provide a mask to our teacher and comply with this request. If the host wants the children to wear masks during the camp, parents will be required to send a face covering with their child each day. Masks for children will not be provided by Little Scholars.
- Parents will be required to take their child’s temperature before camp each day as a part of an ‘honor system.’
- Parents will be required to keep children with a fever or who are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms at home.
Little Scholars will:
- Review, teach, and reinforce keeping hands clean and covering coughs and sneezes among children and staff.
- Remind teachers not to touch their faces or the face covering and instruct them on the proper use, removal, and washing of cloth face coverings.
- Provide teachers with hand sanitizer and a cleaning solution for use during the camp.
- Encourage safe space seating/beach towels to at least six feet apart.
- Limit direct contact with parents as much as possible at arrival and drop-off.
- Cap all camps at a maximum of 9 children to one teacher while in Phase 1. Maximum number of students may be increased during Phase 2.
- Keep each child’s belongings separated from others’ and in different areas.
- Package supplies individually for each child.
- Replace food with alternative items except for cooking based classes. Parents will be required to provide the food for any of the cooking classes.
- Avoid sharing toys, books, and other games or learning aids. Parents will be required to provide Legos for Brick Bonanza and/or Builders for camp.
- Train all teachers and staff in the above safety actions.
- Designate a staff person to be responsible for responding to COVID-19 concerns.
- Teachers will not be allowed to teach if they have a fever or displaying COVID symptoms.