Do you think your child may benefit from tutoring? Here are some signs that tutoring may be beneficial for your child.
Preschool (four and half years old to Kindergarten)
- Difficulty grasping a small writing instrument to make controlled movements.
- Trouble recognizing the letters in their name.
- Does not speak in complete sentences.
- Has problems with number concepts.
- Issues with forming letters when writing in print or cursive.
- Consistently avoids reading activities or complains that reading is too difficult.
- Difficulty decoding words and spelling.
- Trouble understanding what they are reading.
- Lack of confidence and/or does not attempt new skills.
- Discrepancy between effort, daily classroom performance, and grades.
- Struggles with writing assignments
- Unable to grasp math concepts.
- Needs to be challenged…that’s right sometimes, children who are advanced can benefit from enrichment tutoring that engages them at a higher level.
Now you’ve decided your child may need a tutor, what should you look for tin a good tutor?
- A kind and caring person
- Communicates effectively and easily with your child and thier teachers.
- An experienced educator who loves working with children.
- Someone who understands your child’s learning styles and will capture their attention.